Digital Operative is a growing digital agency in search of a highly motivated Sr. E-Commerce Strategist with vision and focus on results to join our expanding team. This role will be primarily be working across client accounts to help lead and/or support the strategic planning and execution of digital marketing and e-Commerce tactics to drive new and repeat customers, brand awareness, increase conversions and promote revenue growth.
As a Sr. E-commerce Strategist, your mission is to define and develop innovative and highly effective e-commerce strategies and drive tactical execution thereof, both short-term and long-term, for each client by evaluating data, research, goals / objectives and providing performance-based solutions for paid, owned and earned media channels.
We're looking for someone who has experience taking the lead on strategizing and optimizing the acquisition funnel through all channels. You have a clear POV and proven track record of enabling clients to use reliable strategies that deliver great ROI quickly while staying within budget.
You will be a DO’er who adopts and contributes to DO’s fun and amazing culture. Looking for someone to join the team who loves dogs, happy hours, company volunteer days, and proud to be a part of our DO family!
- Act as the lead and serve as an expert in e-commerce and digital marketing strategy for clients with hands on support from internal digital marketing specialists
- Develop client e-commerce strategies and tactical execution plans to present clear value differentiation, drive brand awareness and increase sales, complying with client needs and budgets
- Manage projects through entire lifecycle (strategy, tactical execution, analytics & technology) while coordinating each step among various stakeholders
- Craft insightful and data-driven presentations, creative briefs, revenue projections and detailed marketing communication plans as part of strategic roadmap and tactical planning deliverables
- Compile/conduct 1st and 3rd party research for clients, which may include competitive data, persona development, emerging opportunities, and consumer insights to deliver strategic recommendations and rationale
- Track and analyze channel and campaign performance against performance goals, providing recommendations for optimization as needed against client goals
- Meet with clients on a regular basis to update them on status, present findings and present solutions/next steps
- Provide monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc reports of relevant metrics, insights, recommendations
- Evaluate, recommend, and assist in deployment of digital technologies in support of achieving client goals
- Collaborate across disciplines (Media, Creative, Client Services, Development) to influence and inform client deliverables ensuring that the end consumer and client goals are being addressed
- Demonstrative knowledge of the overall digital landscape, and abreast of marketing technologies and e-commerce best practices
- Ability to lead the design of insight driven digital strategies from opportunity identification through to execution. Structure and present recommendations to client leadership
- Expert knowledge of the interaction of paid, owned and earned media with ability to translate and communicate data into actionable plans
- Extensive experience with marketing technologies CRM, CMS, E-commerce Platforms (Magento & Shopify a plus) and web analytics
- Experience developing strategic planning documents such as presentations, marketing communications calendars, revenue projections and reporting dashboards
- Strategic thinker who can collaborate and offer creative solutions and ideas
- Strong presentation and communication skills that can translate POV to both stakeholders and broader internal team for planning
- Ability to evaluate creative work and provides feedback for revisions as needed
- 6 + years of experience creating and implementing strategic e-commerce and digital marketing programs
- Strong understanding of lead generation and retention programs including but not limited to search & social networks, email marketing and paid media
- Familiarity with digital media planning and buying, and associated analytics, including digital media, social media, programmatic media, and influencer campaigns.
- Excellent with handling data; able to creatively obtain, analyze, and derive insight from data to inform strategic approach
- Confident in presenting to clients and teammates, engaging and effective when presenting the agency POV
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Passionate about marketing, technology, e-Commerce and digital strategy
- Highly collaborative; team player
- Self-starter; able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Comfortable working with creative, account, media, and analytics teams
- Bachelor’s degree with Marketing or Business focus preferred
- Experience within an agency environment is a bonus
- Proactive, energetic & positive-minded